PDA

View Full Version : Bush speech.

Dochter
18th August 04, 12:49 PM
While Clinton was (correctly) blasted for attempting to redefine "a" and "the", there is something a little disconcerting about a president who has to use the word he is attempting to define, in the definition.

Given that a president has to clearly communicate with foreign leaders, the american people and congress he damn well ought to be able to form a point clearer than demonstrated here:
http://www.kontraband.com/show/show.asp?ID=1525

Despite the importance of "relating to the common folk", the president should at least be smarter than them.

The fact that you can hear the audience laughing in the background is, well, sad.

Here's the kicker:
Some of you people voted for this imbecile.

(I trust that is enough commentary for the link).

Zendetta
18th August 04, 12:52 PM
Tell it like it is, brudda.

NHB_Ben
18th August 04, 12:54 PM
Our president is a "C" student.

But... um... what was it again? Oh, right. He follows through with doing the wrong thing and surrounds himself with people who are smarter than him (but he doesn't listen to them anyhow: rice, powell).

Balloonknot
18th August 04, 03:23 PM
This is what I've been saying all along. Bush is clearly not the man to be in charge of this great country! This is just the tip of the iceberg though, he's sounded even worse in other clips. The only answer the republicans can give you on this Doc is....... yeah, well he surrounds himself with smart people. That shite is weak!!

What was Kerry's grade average again?

Shug
18th August 04, 05:17 PM
actually, isn't he getting rid of Cheney? Dun-Dun-DUNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Beatdown Richie
18th August 04, 05:30 PM
Not if Cheney has a word to say in the matter.

And yes, Bush's clip is horrible. Although it's kinda encouraging -if someone like that can make it in politics, it's not too late for me. I'm not a great orator by any means, but I can definitely beat THAT!

punchingdummy
18th August 04, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Beatdown Richie
Not if Cheney has a word to say in the matter.

And yes, Bush's clip is horrible. Although it's kinda encouraging -if someone like that can make it in politics, it's not too late for me. I'm not a great orator by any means, but I can definitely beat THAT!

Yep, he's an inspiration to all of us. Even with my limited cognative skills and speech pathologies, there is hope that I can make a good living in this country.

Dochter
18th August 04, 06:41 PM
A little nepotism doesn't hurt either.

patfromlogan
18th August 04, 07:26 PM
It's scary. When asked what he thought of the containment policy (anti commie set up by Truman bla bla bla) he said, "The containment policy doesn't hold water." Sadly, he wasn't joking. The author of Bush on the Couch said that some people 'get it' that Bush/Couch is a metaphor of analyzing the pres. A few others look at him puzzled and say, "Was Bush on your couch?" GW Bush is one of those few.

As a nation, some of us know this and are scared and sickened. Others are enablers, just like enablers in a family of an alky or sexual abuser. It is sick.

He comes from a real fucked up disfunctional family. Trying to follow daddy's footsteps (Jock, handsome, college whiz, brave combat vet) he looked like a wimp. He's way out of his league and actually really doesn't function up to par.

bushi51
19th August 04, 04:20 AM
Thats my Prez.

patfromlogan
19th August 04, 11:13 PM
ttt

No controvers?? Capt and Kflss agree that Bush can't talk and think at the same time?

ICY
19th August 04, 11:22 PM
When you're in front of cameras enough, you're going to look like an idiot eventually, doesn't matter who you are.

CrimsonTiger
19th August 04, 11:30 PM
Choke has a point on that one. You can find anecdotes to support any view.

That's not to say I don't agree...I do think Bush was a bad bad move. But ultimately, who elected him? Who actually made it close in Florida and other states? It's not like just one person "accidentally" voted for the wrong guy. Someone like this should have lost by a landslide!!! But the people voted based on parties, not on the person or the personality. That's like insisting the style is more important than the person.

American people have their upcoming chance to change things, maybe even reverse some problems. I'm definitely curious to see what happens.

Ka-Bar
20th August 04, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by I Choke You
When you're in front of cameras enough, you're going to look like an idiot eventually, doesn't matter who you are.

Was it "eventually" with Bush, or from the get -go?

patfromlogan
20th August 04, 09:48 PM
No, that's just not it. Ford was known for clumsiness, Nixon for sweating like a felon under the lights, Carter for sanctimonious talk, Kennedy was a speed freak/sex monger, Ronny was smooth (teflon, they say), Bush Sr was nerdy but acted and looked 'presidential,' Slick Willy was, well, slick, and Bush is a disfunctional guy who is smart enough usually on his feet, but is ignorant: unread, untaught, untutored, and works off his GUT feelings.

Yippee for gut.

SCO
30th August 04, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Beatdown Richie
Then again, as someone noted, think it was Napoleon, 'in politics stupidity is not a handicap' and in Dubya`s case, as I`ve said before, it`s an asset. Cheney`s asset. But anyone without an own head and with a sympathetic manner can make the puppet.

PHILBERT
30th August 04, 09:21 PM
What a frigging idiot.

Boyd
30th August 04, 10:56 PM
It is a sad fact of life that we have people in power who are profoundly stupid, inarticulate, and entirely reliant on others to perform even the most menial of tasks.

THAT DOES NOT MEAN YOU FUCKERS SHOULD BE ENCOURAGING SAID FACT.

PHILBERT
1st September 04, 12:42 AM
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2004/08/20040806-1.html

The fact that the offical White House site posted the entire thing is hilarious.

Q Good morning. My name is Mark Trahant. I'm the editorial page editor of the Seattle Post-Intelligencer and a member of the Native American Journalist Association. (Applause.) Most school kids learn about the government in the context of city, county, state and federal. And, of course, tribal governments are not part of that at all. Mr. President, you've been a governor and a President, so you have a unique experience, looking at it from two directions. What do you think tribal sovereignty means in the 21st century, and how do we resolve conflicts between tribes and the federal and the state governments?

THE PRESIDENT: Tribal sovereignty means that, it's sovereign. You're a -- you've been given sovereignty, and you're viewed as a sovereign entity. And, therefore, the relationship between the federal government and tribes is one between sovereign entities.

Now, the federal government has got a responsibility on matters like education and security to help, and health care. And it's a solemn duty. And from this perspective, we must continue to uphold that duty. I think that one of the most promising areas of all is to help with economic development. And that means helping people understand what it means to start a business. That's why the Small Business Administration has increased loans. It means, obviously, encouraging capital flows. But none of that will happen unless the education systems flourish and are strong, and that's why I told you we've spent $1.1 billion in the reconstruction of Native American schools. (Applause.)

nihilist
1st September 04, 01:04 AM
"Define Irony."

(quote from Reality Bites)