PDA

View Full Version : Bush on Larry King

ICY
16th August 04, 12:01 AM
I think he did a good job, he didn't say anything I disagreed with and directly addressed many issues exactly as I would hope any President of the USA would. I would really like to see him keep his job for another 4 years. He's a likeable guy, and yet he does what he wants, he believes in bold action instead of mulling over things endlessly. There are few national leaders as admirable in the world today. I wish my country had a leader I could be proud of the way Americans can be proud of their President.

bushi51
16th August 04, 01:43 AM
Ditto

manchuria
16th August 04, 02:27 AM
The title of this thread, in both interpretations, describes something I care not to see.

Osiris
16th August 04, 02:45 AM
Mulling shit over endlessly is a good thing if you've got no practical deadline.

CaptShady
16th August 04, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by I Choke You
I wish my country had a leader I could be proud of the way Americans can be proud of their President.

I forget .. who IS your leader now?

patfromlogan
16th August 04, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by I Choke You
I think he did a good job, he didn't say anything I disagreed with and directly addressed many issues exactly as I would hope any President of the USA would. I would really like to see him keep his job for another 4 years. He's a likeable guy, and yet he does what he wants, he believes in bold action instead of mulling over things endlessly. There are few national leaders as admirable in the world today. I wish my country had a leader I could be proud of the way Americans can be proud of their President.

OK OK, you have to be trolling.

Balloonknot
16th August 04, 09:51 AM
I love how Bush flew to the Hurricane disaster. He's such a caring guy.... it brings tears to my eyes. I wonder if it has anything to do with the election? Especially, since his father passed on the last major disaster and did not win the election in Florida.

ICY
16th August 04, 11:03 AM
Mulling shit over endlessly is a good thing if you've got no practical deadline.

That's just a sad excuse to do nothing when you should be doing something.

I forget .. who IS your leader now?

Paul Martin, he was the Finance Minister for a long time, he's corrupt (expected) arrogant (kind of expected) signed his massive shipping company into his son's name and had it registered in Bermuda or something so he doesn't have to pay Canadian taxes on it (annoying) and is the leader of a MINORITY government but acts like he has a majority, AAAAAAARRRGGHH!

OK OK, you have to be trolling.

You know, I love how stupid it makes YOU look when this is all you can say to what I've said. At least BK made a cynical sarcastic comment...

Chris.B
16th August 04, 11:54 AM
I really don't think Bush should keep his job. I really don't think he should of got the job in the first place.

ICY
16th August 04, 11:58 AM
Well, he did...so too bad for you.

SlimJim
16th August 04, 12:08 PM
On clarity of purpose, it's hard not to give W an "A". He honestly thinks God put him there for the war on terrorism.

It's difficult for me as a veteran to be proud of him when he was quoted a couple of weeks ago:

"Knowing what I know now, I still would have gone into Iraq."

That one is going to haunt him. The new re-org of the military, which I haven't learned about completely sounds ok. We needed to pull our military out of Europe a while ago.

As far as economic policy is concerned, I think that the impact of an administration needs to be weighed in balance with what is happening/has happened with the economy already. For instance, almost anyone would have looked good in the tech boom. Then again, I'm no economist.

But it all goes back to how he is heandling Iraq and the "back door draft". Poor implementation of the plan on a poorly decided war. I can't give the guy my vote in good conscience.

Not like it matters though. He gave up on Illinois. It's electoral votes are going to Kerry. It's a given.

**edited for spelling.

bushi51
16th August 04, 02:09 PM
Iraqi War=Terrorist flock to Iraq to try and kill hardened American military.
No Iraq War=Terrorist flock to America to KILL softened American citizenry.

It was and still is a good decision.

Osiris
16th August 04, 02:34 PM
Iraqi War=Terrorist flock to Iraq to try and kill hardened American military.
No Iraq War=Terrorist flock to America to KILL softened American citizenry.

Terrorists flocking to Iraq? Um, no. Those are IRAQIS killing our guys and they wouldn't be had Bush left the place alone.

bushi51
16th August 04, 02:44 PM
WRONG, Al-queada is operating in Iraqi and Afghanastan. Wake up and see the big picture.

Xango
16th August 04, 02:52 PM
Iraq is adjacent to Iran and Saudia. To the wise, this is all that need be said. Similarly, Afghanistan is adjacent to Pakistan and Iran.

That IS the big picture, and as martial artists I trust we can look at it without flinching, even though it means accepting the possibility of war at a truly horrific scale within our own lifetime. I think that possibility is a minority one now, and I believe the conquest and occupation of Afghanistan and Iraq is a major part of what keeps that pot from boiling over.

Be an interesting decade though, what?

Osiris
16th August 04, 02:53 PM
Yes, they are, but there are many recent reports indicating that the level of iraqi resistance has been underestimated. Whether al qaeda was present or not, the situation would be about the same.

Ronin
16th August 04, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by manchuria
The title of this thread, in both interpretations, describes something I care not to see.

My sentiments exactly.

bushi51
16th August 04, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Osiris
... but there are many recent reports indicating that the level of iraqi resistance has been underestimated. Whether al qaeda was present or not, the situation would be about the same.

Source(s)?

Osiris
16th August 04, 03:00 PM
Too lazy. Believe what you wish.

bushi51
16th August 04, 03:01 PM
Nice.

Te(V)plar
16th August 04, 03:25 PM
You pussy ingrates are too young and/or ignorant of history to remember what a REAL war is.

Ronin
16th August 04, 03:25 PM
Ass wipes.

ICY
16th August 04, 04:32 PM
You pussy ingrates are too young and/or ignorant of history to remember what a REAL war is.

Was this a general statement or are you talking about one person in particular? Also...wouldn't YOU be included? I don't think you're old enough to remember WW2.