PDA

View Full Version : Kerry - Clinton '04

CaptShady
30th June 04, 04:37 PM
Remember, you heard it here first!

http://drudgereport.com/kerryhrc.htm

I wonder .. why not Bill as his running mate? He's eligible.

kismasher
30th June 04, 04:46 PM
whoa.

i'm even more skeptical of Kerry now that he doesn't seem to be able to get John Edwards as a running mate.

Matt Bernius
1st July 04, 07:11 AM
Look, Matt Drudge has never been the gold standard for reporting.

Personally I don't think this is going to happen. H. Clinton is far too much of a polarizing force. I think this move would alienate most of the moderate voters that Kerry has been courting.

However, in the short term, the speculation is a good PR move as it will generate more buzz for Kerry. But long term it would be politcal suicide. Kiss any chance at most swing states goodbye.

And we have no reason to believe that Edwards isn't his running mate. But who ever it is it isn't going to be announced before the convention. There's no tactical reason to.

- Matt

Ronin
1st July 04, 07:17 AM
He should run with an inflateable doll.

Chupacabra
1st July 04, 07:18 AM
god I hope he does choose hillary as his running mate.
that way he'll have even less of a chance to win the election.

CaptShady
1st July 04, 08:40 AM
I thought she was a hero among democrats?

gojuJKDdude
1st July 04, 08:43 AM
you either love her or you hate her theres no middle ground, and most people hate her.

Chupacabra
1st July 04, 08:51 AM
you ever see that movie "PCU?"

....... she's a cause head

Don "Jive Turkey" Gwinn
1st July 04, 10:31 PM
1. She's a hero to SOME Democrats, but she's not a hero to any Democrat running for President in 2004. If John Kerry wins the Presidency, shortly after my head explodes he'll serve his first term and then be the presumptive nominee in 2008. Hillary thinks that's her year, so although she's a Democrat and will go through the motions, she's very clear on the fact that it's best for her if Kerry loses. 2008 is the year for another reason; assuming Kerry has lost in 2004, which is why the field is open to her, Bush is also out of turns and, at the moment, he has no clear heir-apparent. I and many others are hoping Condeleeza Rice steps up to that role, but time will tell.

2. In any case, all conventional political calculations get thrown out the window with those two. It would not be unexpected for her to sabotage Kerry's campaign in some way from within. As long as he keeps her on the outside, she can't afford to look less than enthusiastic lest the other Dems turn on her.

3. There are better choices out there; Democrats tend to love her, but he's going to have to win people over and so far he's doing a terrible job. Don't let the TV news heads fool you; the fact that Kerry and Bush are roughly even while Bush takes a terrible pounding in the press daily and Kerry gets a virtual free ride is NOT good news for Kerry. He should be leading by a bunch at this point if he's going to win.

Phrost
1st July 04, 11:43 PM
Zell Miller

Wounded Ronin
5th July 04, 11:03 PM
Kerry is such an uncharismatic stick. Like Al Gore before him, he's essentially fumbling and handing the election to Bush.

You'd think that after Bush lead an invasion and introduced the Patriot Act anyone could easily defeat him. But no, even under these extreme circumstances Kerry manages to make people wary of him.

CaptShady
5th July 04, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Wounded Ronin
Kerry is such an uncharismatic stick. Like Al Gore before him, he's essentially fumbling and handing the election to Bush.

You'd think that after Bush lead an invasion and introduced the Patriot Act anyone could easily defeat him. But no, even under these extreme circumstances Kerry manages to make people wary of him.

I don't know that I'd go THAT far. The election is far from over, and I'm sure they'll pull out all the stops late in the game. Bush Jr sure as hell isn't Mr Personality. His spending, the patriot act, and morality lawmaking doesn't appeal to moderate conservatives.

Greese
6th July 04, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Phrost
Zell Miller
ROTFLMFAO
That would be so funny.
It is much more likely he would be a Bush running mate than Kerry.
Miller would get my vote for pres.

TheManchu
6th July 04, 11:38 AM
It's officially Edwards. And Bush is probably going to lose. He doesn't do much for moderates, and moderate dems will probably vote along party lines this time around, certainly not for Nader. Nothing Kerry can do will make a repeat of Gore- the politics of it is, people on the liberal side of it are polarized in a way the repubs were in the Bush-Gore election, and the conservatives aren't of one mind this time around, and there's no other candidate who has any clout to take votes from either side.

Barring some scandal or election rigging not seen since the late sixties, Bush is not in a good position, regardless of polls.

SRK85
6th July 04, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by TheManchu
It's officially Edwards. And Bush is probably going to lose. He doesn't do much for moderates, and moderate dems will probably vote along party lines this time around, certainly not for Nader. Nothing Kerry can do will make a repeat of Gore- the politics of it is, people on the liberal side of it are polarized in a way the repubs were in the Bush-Gore election, and the conservatives aren't of one mind this time around, and there's no other candidate who has any clout to take votes from either side.

Barring some scandal or election rigging not seen since the late sixties, Bush is not in a good position, regardless of polls.

Good cuz I really hate bush. Im voting Kerry.

kismasher
6th July 04, 12:39 PM
kerry picked up edwards.

KERRY, EDWARDS 2004!!!!!

CaptShady
6th July 04, 12:55 PM
What's really funny is the New York Post released newspapers saying he picked Gephardt.

Link (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0706041post1.html)

kismasher
6th July 04, 12:56 PM
omg, haaaahahahaha!!!1

heads should roll for that one.

TheManchu
6th July 04, 12:57 PM
Whoops!