PDA

View Full Version : Islamist?

Osiris
29th June 04, 02:39 PM
What the fuck is an Islamist?

Chupacabra
29th June 04, 02:42 PM
Is·lam·ism

1. An Islamic revivalist movement, often characterized by moral conservatism, literalism, and the attempt to implement Islamic values in all spheres of life.
2. The religious faith, principles, or cause of Islam.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is·lamist adj. & n.

Osiris
29th June 04, 02:48 PM
Thanks. Never heard that till recently.

Chupacabra
29th June 04, 02:49 PM
never heard it until you posted it

Te No Kage!
29th June 04, 02:55 PM
a stupid way of saying Moslem/Muslim

Islam is the practice
Muslim is the practicioner

Zendetta
29th June 04, 03:00 PM
"Islamist" is very different from "Muslim". It implies a more radical/fundamentalist orientation.

Consider the difference between "Christian" and "right wing fundamentaist Christian".

On that point, I am amazed at how much radical Islam has in common with right wing Christianity. Can we just ship all of the assholes to another planet and let them duke it out?

PS:Osiris, I think you have a very cool name. I love the cycle of myths around Osiris, Isis, horsu, Set, etc.

Zendetta
29th June 04, 03:02 PM
D'oh! I meant "Horus" of course...

(White belt at typing-do)

Jenfucius
29th June 04, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Chupacabra
Is·lam·ism

1. An Islamic revivalist movement, often characterized by moral conservatism, literalism, and the attempt to implement Islamic values in all spheres of life.
2. The religious faith, principles, or cause of Islam.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is·lamist adj. & n.

=psycho

Jenfucius
29th June 04, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Zendetta
"Islamist" is very different from "Muslim". It implies a more radical/fundamentalist orientation.

Consider the difference between "Christian" and "right wing fundamentaist Christian".

On that point, I am amazed at how much radical Islam has in common with right wing Christianity. Can we just ship all of the assholes to another planet and let them duke it out?

PS:Osiris, I think you have a very cool name. I love the cycle of myths around Osiris, Isis, horsu, Set, etc.

=gay

Unicron
29th June 04, 10:26 PM

If only it was that simple. We could send over skinheads and gangsters too.

Te(V)plar
29th June 04, 10:31 PM
Where's my handjob, ragwoman?

CaptShady
30th June 04, 12:13 AM
On that point, I am amazed at how much radical Islam has in common with right wing Christianity.

RWC = blow up abortion clinics to push their agenda
RI = blow up anything (including themselves) to push their agenda

Either way, innocent people die. Either way both are terrorists, and should be treated as such.

LOVED2BLOVED
30th June 04, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Unicron
If only it was that simple. We could send over skinheads and gangsters too.

yeah, fuck them skin heads especially in russia.