PDA

View Full Version : Bush supporters have double digit IQs

Wounded Ronin
27th June 04, 05:41 PM
Check this out; it's a list of states, whether they turned out for Bush or for Gore in 2000, and what the average IQ for that state is. The source is "IQ and the Wealth of Nations" by Richard Lynn and Tatu Vanhanen (2002) as quoted in The Economist, May 15th 2004, pg. 26.

Connecticut voted for Gore, IQ 113.

Massachusetts and New Jersy both voted for Gore and have the same average IQs of 111.

New York voted for Gore, IQ 109.

Rhode Island voted for Gore, IQ 107.

Hawaii voted for Gore, IQ 106.

Maryland and New Hampshire both voted for Gore and have the same average IQ, 105.

Illinois voted for Gore, IQ 104.

Delaware voted for Gore, IQ 103.

On the other hand.....

Alabama voted for Bush, IQ 90.

Louisiana voted for Bush, IQ 90.

Montana voted for Bush, IQ 90.

Oklahoma voted for Bush, IQ 90.

S. Dakota voted for Bush, IQ 90.

S. Carolina voted for Bush, IQ 89.

Wyoming voted for Bush, IQ 89.

Idaho voted for Bush, IQ 87.

Utah voted for Bush, IQ 87.

And Mississippi voted for Bush, IQ 85.

I never really understood why anyone would support Bush, but its all starting to come together.

This is how I think of it. Bush's campaign adds seem to focus on how Bush is confident but Kerry is pessimistic. Now, why would anyone care if Kerry were pessimistic or cynical? Like, what a momentous non-issue, right?

It must be because the kinds of people who would vote for Bush don't really care about economic analysis, international politics, or this little trick called reason. Instead, they just want a grinning happy personality to lead them. Bush is exactly that. He's charismatic and amicable but also acts really dumb when he gives speeches and interviews with all of his famous verbal slip-ups. Birds of a feather, I guess.

I'll bet that most people who support Bush are just grinning nationalistic fools who want more than anything else a reassuring happy face. THat's why the charge of pessimism against Kerry is calculated to bolster Bush's campaign.

I mean, after all, you'd have to be pretty much immune to reason to vote for Bush. Even if you disliked liberal politics, anyone who isn't living in nationalistic 2 digit IQ la-la land would realize that Bush is a walking disaser for our country and our civil liberties and would realize that even a weirdo llike Al Sharpton would probably be a safer president.

CaptShady
27th June 04, 05:50 PM
Since few CEO's, self made millionaires, and business owners vote Democrat, suffice it to say, that an I.Q. in the double digits = $$$$. Odd how that works out, huh?

Meanwhile, since statistically more of America's black population voted democrat, and of all minorities currently living in government assisted housing blacks are in the majority. Suffice it to say that a higher I.Q. puts you in the ghetto.

Just what one would have to assume, going by your argument.

Wounded Ronin
27th June 04, 05:53 PM
Well obviously I'm not putting forth an airtight argument. I didn't supply the standard deviations of the IQ figures nor did we even address the issue of how the IQs were sampled.

This was meant to be more a sneering insult thread.

Although, I would have to say, your counterpoints aren't any tighter or better backed up. At worst, you seem to be repeating sterotypes.

Greese
27th June 04, 06:52 PM
So, your response is...
"Yeah, what I said was fucking stupid, but so is your response?"
And who has the double digit IQ?

Te(V)plar
27th June 04, 07:02 PM
Clearly, Wounded Ronin needs to imbibe more fluoridated water.

P.S. Isn't the average IQ 100? I doubt Connecticut could boast such an above average average IQ.

LLL
27th June 04, 07:20 PM
Wov theyre pretty smat i couldve sword it was singel numberrs only

Wounded Ronin
27th June 04, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by greese1
So, your response is...
"Yeah, what I said was fucking stupid, but so is your response?"
And who has the double digit IQ?

Probably the guy who responded seriously to the original statement.

jubei33
27th June 04, 10:25 PM
its is pretty obnoxious that the only arguments that the pro-bush pundits put forward are ad hominem arguments...its like:
"I think that the state of heath care is dismal and that every american should be able to afford basic health care by revamping the the system itself and streamlining the system by saving money on administrative costs."
"Oh yeah!? well I believe in the people of america and my opponent is pessimistic and doesn't believe the same."

they never try to attack his ideas or premises. I so wish that John kerry would demand an open debate with bush. That'd be great to say the least.

Ignorant
27th June 04, 10:48 PM
Scientific American had a similar study that seemed to suggest that the smarter you are, the less likely you are to like bush. (not many scientists are pro-bush). kerry sucks to, but hes less of a douche bag.

Samuel Browning
27th June 04, 10:59 PM
Based on the people I work with I find it hard to believe the average IQ in Ct is 113, :)

Matsufubu
28th June 04, 10:12 AM
Psst...the average IQ outside of America is 250...

Matt W.
28th June 04, 11:23 AM
Where's the rest of the states in that list?

Te No Kage!
28th June 04, 11:27 AM
What's the average IQ of the person that votes?

I'd venture to say that higher IQ people vote and lower IQ people don't. So in that case a majority of higher IQ people in those states voted for Bush.

johnbo
28th June 04, 02:17 PM
Preliminary results from recent studies indicate that posting on Bullshido seems to lower the IQ.

Jenfucius
28th June 04, 02:26 PM
i wish i was that popular with stupid people. most people are stupid.

SAFTA4Life
28th June 04, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Jenfucius
i wish i was that popular with stupid people. most people are stupid.

Didnt you read the thread where people said they actually find you funny?

Deluxe247
28th June 04, 07:36 PM
I voted for Gore and was pissed as hell when daddy bush stole the election in florida and waved his jedi powers through his hand and said "no, you didnt win the election, my son did"

But I hate kerry, hes a moron who cant even get his story straight. Its unfurtanate that we have two fucktards going for president this year. Lesser of two evils is what it boils down to....

Raven
28th June 04, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Deluxe247
I voted for Gore and was pissed as hell when daddy bush stole the election in florida and waved his jedi powers through his hand and said "no, you didnt win the election, my son did"

But I hate kerry, hes a moron who cant even get his story straight. Its unfurtanate that we have two fucktards going for president this year. Lesser of two evils is what it boils down to....

Same situation in Canada. Two rejects in the big two. Do we go with the devil we know? or the Devil we don't know? I went with a smaller party this time.

Matsufubu
29th June 04, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by Te No Kage!
What's the average IQ of the person that votes?

I'd venture to say that higher IQ people vote and lower IQ people don't. So in that case a majority of higher IQ people in those states voted for Bush.

What's voting?

Te No Kage!
29th June 04, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by Matsufubu
What's voting?

Something that those of us that live in the "free" world do. Waller on in your Monarchy, slave!

Chupacabra
29th June 04, 02:05 PM
why does everyone hate bush so much?

CaptShady
29th June 04, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by spincycle0
It sure is fun to make flawed analogies to undermine other flawed analogies!

That was the whole point.

PizDoff
29th June 04, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by LLL
Wov theyre pretty smat i couldve sword it was singel numberrs only

j00 mus nawt hav Finnish schoolings yet LOLZ! OMG! WTF!

Jenfucius
29th June 04, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by SAFTA4Life
Didnt you read the thread where people said they actually find you funny?

didn't you notice that boyd was more popular?

Matsufubu
30th June 04, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by Te No Kage!
Something that those of us that live in the "free" world do. Waller on in your Monarchy, slave!

Shut up! Your comments mean nothing, since you come from a giant golf course to the west of Spain (which explains why you have a sand bunker for a penalty spot).

Now go and discover some more countries you think are actually India.

Wounded Ronin
3rd July 04, 01:29 AM
Conservatives, in my experience, are absolutists, with a peculiar inability to realize that the enforcement of law must be done by someone -- some human -- some imperfect, biased, and possibly unethical or incompetent being. That's why there has to be balance. The idea that there can be some absolute right and wrong doesn't work too well in the real world, where "right" and "wrong" have to be determined by individuals with different life experiences, different values, and as a result, very different ideas of what is right and wrong. Somehow, they manage to believe that government is completely incompetent in matters of economics and public services, but simultaneously, absolutely perfect in administering justice on the tiniest matters of personal choice and behavior. Thus conservatices are keen to put tremendous power into the hands of "enforcers", simply because they are confident that such enforcement will never apply to them (whether they're right about that or not is less clear to me).

-- Terry Hancock