PDA

View Full Version : South Korean man beheaded by Iraqis

PHILBERT
22nd June 04, 05:59 PM
http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/world/8984444.htm?1c

It's quite sad that these people keep being beheaded. I couldn't even imagine what is going through there minds, especially since it's already happened to 2 other people (that I know of) and it's all over the news. You gotta wonder if these are the same guys, or copy cats.

cricket
22nd June 04, 06:23 PM
If it is the same people (and I think it is) we need to send them a strong mesaage .....
something on the idea of - This bull shit needs to stop or we will turn your country into a parking lot!

PHILBERT
22nd June 04, 07:03 PM
We won't drop atomic weapons on a country, killing more civilians than terrorists, to get a few people.

Osiris
22nd June 04, 08:38 PM
If it is the same people (and I think it is) we need to send them a strong mesaage .....
something on the idea of - This bull shit needs to stop or we will turn your country into a parking lot!

You mean terrorism? Idiot.

Phoenix
22nd June 04, 08:48 PM
What a fucking gong show they have going on over there.

Jenfucius
22nd June 04, 11:38 PM
ninjas are obviously masquerading as terrorists over there. they'll go to great lengths to chop necks

Hawkeye
22nd June 04, 11:49 PM
We need to start retaliating against these actions. Just do what Isreal does, go batshit and wipe out an entire town. Shit, throw a rock at the IDF and they'll start doing gun runs. And they are not afraid to go old school and administer beatdowns by stick. Check it out:

http://wwwi.reuters.com/images/2004-06-13T150805Z_01_GOT02D_RTRIDSP_2_MIDEAST.jpg

I love the look on the palestinian's eyes

Stold3
23rd June 04, 12:03 AM
America is doing pretty much all it can do(publicly) while still being politicially correct. They'll even bomb your wedding.

Osiris
23rd June 04, 12:28 AM
We need to start retaliating against these actions. Just do what Isreal does, go batshit and wipe out an entire town.

Thats called terrorism.

EuropIan
23rd June 04, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Osiris
Thats called terrorism.

Nu-uh! It's only called terrorism when non-Americans do it!
We're always right.

Yes, hawkeye. Beating people with a bat is funny. That will teach them that violence doen't work.
Wiping out cities is a perfectly viable way of getting to a few bad appples.

kikkoman893
23rd June 04, 01:08 AM
its dogbrother time for that poor guy

Stick
23rd June 04, 01:27 AM
I wonder if he'll reach higher consciousness.... doubtful, that sort of eastern heathen shit doesn't mesh well with the average person of deep western faith, specially not the ones raised in an incredibly politically aware society (as in everyone knows you can't just come out and say you hate someone, that's incorrect).

Poor guy, saw the video of him being made ot beg for his life, god that would just suck, and then the sawing >_<

If this is the same group that did Berg, el senor knife-o should have a nice run in with bubba- or the Arab equivalent-, bubba's friends, and a broom stick.

SLJ
23rd June 04, 02:55 AM
Terrible, there's not really much to say. Except those that did it are the lowest form of life on the planet, but that's not really going to help the poor guy now, at least it's over for him.

DANINJA
23rd June 04, 05:14 AM
There was no terrorism in Iraq before US invaded that country.

It is terrible that another innocent civilian was killed. How many innocent Iraqis have died during this conflict? How many of US servicemen have died in battle? And that doesn't even include the maimed/injured

Bush called for a "crusade", and he will have it..the blood
of so many is entirely on HIS hands..and the
blood of future generations...what has it gained?
He has guaranteed terrorism..think Israel.

DANINJA
23rd June 04, 05:44 AM
iraqis method of attack against US troops:

http://www.ammatour.com/jokes/images/iraq-us-funny.jpg

chaosexmachina
23rd June 04, 05:57 AM
"They paved paradise, n' put up a parking lot!" OOOOO LOT LOT LOT...

MaverickZ
23rd June 04, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by DANINJA
iraqis method of attack against US troops:

http://www.ammatour.com/jokes/images/iraq-us-funny.jpg

now, i may be wrong here, but to me that doesn't look like an american uniform, especially not a desert camo one, and that gun doesn't look like something US troops use.

and there was no terrorism in Iraq during Saddam's reign because he hunted down and killed anyone who spoke up. you don't think abu grabi was there just for car theives do you?

DANINJA
23rd June 04, 08:53 AM
the pic might be of an isreali soldier

I dont dispute that Saddam was an evil dictator but please explain this pic:

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/PageMill_Images/rumsfield-saddam.gif

MaverickZ
23rd June 04, 08:58 AM
why would i explain this picture? it has nothing to do with anything i said.

i know you're just fishing for an arguement, sorry to disappoint you.

CaptShady
23rd June 04, 08:59 AM
Could be photoshopped. A typical tactic is to befriend the enemy of your enemy. In 1983, Iran was our enemy, and Iraq was fighting them.

WingChun Lawyer
23rd June 04, 09:00 AM
Ok hawkeye, you are now officially promoted to idiot. It is their country, the US army is responsible for their well being - I can only thank god that your commanders donīt think like you (or at least pretend not to).

BTW, that pic may be of a brazilian soldier. That does look like a FN - FAL assault rifle.

ewdfs
23rd June 04, 09:44 AM
I dont think it look like a FAL but the scenario on the picture really look like Brazil

WingChun Lawyer
23rd June 04, 09:47 AM
Yeah. Not that I know anything about guns, mind.

Muqatil
23rd June 04, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by DANINJA
There was no terrorism in Iraq before US invaded that country.

It is terrible that another innocent civilian was killed. How many innocent Iraqis have died during this conflict? How many of US servicemen have died in battle? And that doesn't even include the maimed/injured

Bush called for a "crusade", and he will have it..the blood
of so many is entirely on HIS hands..and the
blood of future generations...what has it gained?
He has guaranteed terrorism..think Israel.

What do you call what the Saddam Regime did? Was that just simply law enforcement? Gassing Kurds? Murdering and raping his citizens because he could? Systematic hunting and culling of the Shi'ite population?

Nope, no terrorism there.
:rolleyes:

EuropIan
23rd June 04, 10:16 AM
WCL is it really as bad in the slums as the media says?
As in the police have to move in like commandos watching every single window and doorway afraid of snipers.
What was the topic? oh yes the Korean, bless his soul.
At least the S. Koreans are not pulling out of Iraq. Good thing.

Re: "Well Sadam was a bad guy, bla bla bla...."
Yes, he did horible horible things. At the same time he was actually a somewhat (emphasis on somewhat) stabilizing factor in the region, being a crazy mass-murdere-psychopath and all.

But, let me ask you this: did he have ANYTHING to do with Al-Queda?
How many wars are we fighting?

CaptShady
23rd June 04, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Muqatil
What do you call what the Saddam Regime did? Was that just simply law enforcement? Gassing Kurds? Murdering and raping his citizens because he could? Systematic hunting and culling of the Shi'ite population?

More and more I'm beginning to understand what Saddam had torture rooms, and did the atrocities he did. Looks to me like that's what it takes to keep these mother fuckers in line. They're more free than they ever have been ... and they choose to exercise that freedom by murdering people.

WTF!?!?!

MaverickZ
23rd June 04, 10:28 AM
that is the conclusion my father reached many years ago during his life as a jew in azerbaijan.

WingChun Lawyer
23rd June 04, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Ian G.R.
WCL is it really as bad in the slums as the media says?
As in the police have to move in like commandos watching every single window and doorway afraid of snipers.

Watch City of God, that is as close to the truth as you can get (meaning, yes, it is that bad). Of course, that movie pictures the bad parts of our big cities; there are also incredibly rich people here.

I once talked to a policeman who actually enjoyed that kind of operations (we did jujutsu, he was actually a nice guy). From what he told me, it seems that drug dealers have a much bigger budget in the weapons department than the police.

WingChun Lawyer
23rd June 04, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by CaptShady
More and more I'm beginning to understand what Saddam had torture rooms, and did the atrocities he did. Looks to me like that's what it takes to keep these mother fuckers in line. They're more free than they ever have been ... and they choose to exercise that freedom by murdering people.

WTF!?!?!

Remember those murders started a long time after the USA had control of Iraq. Meaning, it is not fun to be under a foreign invading force, and that tends to unite people against their common enemy (no matter how irrational it may be to do that).

Ippatsu182
23rd June 04, 10:46 AM
Those terrorists have basically sent a message that whoever they catch WILL be beheaded. If I were one of those people in Iraq, I'd think twice about going anywhere alone. It's easier to say, but I'd also do my best not to get captured. I think I'd rather be shot to death than to wait only to find out that my government won't strike a deal with them and that I'll soon be beheaded. That's got to be a terrible way to die. I know it'd renew my faith in God pretty quickly.

Osiris
23rd June 04, 10:50 AM
Id leave Iraq.

kismasher
23rd June 04, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by CaptShady

WTF!?!?!

read James Clavell's "Whirlwind" sometime.

CaptShady
23rd June 04, 10:58 AM
I'll put it on the list, thanks!

Hawkeye
23rd June 04, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by WingChun Lawyer
Ok hawkeye, you are now officially promoted to idiot. It is their country, the US army is responsible for their well being - I can only thank god that your commanders donīt think like you (or at least pretend not to).

OUT-FUCKING-STANDING, WingChun Lawyer!!! Now, how do I go about getting promoted to shitbag/shitbird? If only I had 1000 posts, I'd put it where you put "Ladies' man".

Yes, my former CO's/PL's at least pretended not to think like us lowly shitbag redneck enlisted men when they were around the fucking worthless media or the top brass. But deep down inside the real good ones were like the rest of us. And if you think I'm bad, I was considered fairly moderate in my views.

You and Osiris and others on this thread seem like good fellas, so don't take my "leveling a village" comments too seriously, but I strongly believe these fuckers and those that support them should die just as horribly as their victims. And if you're wondering why I'm such an asshole, it's becasue I've been to Afghanistan and fought fucking piece of shit worthless fucking oxygen thief insurgents like the ones doing the kidnapping/beheading in Iraq. These insurgents do not fear us and they should. Our actions must be swift and extremely brutal. We must show them the true might of the United States and that we and our allies are not to be fucked with.

I'd like all of you, no matter what your opinion to go to a site like ogrish.com and look for the "Unknown Russian Soldier" video clip. I'll try to dig up a link. If you find it, watch it. This is the kind of shit we are up against. And the way we are fighting this war, with one hand tied around our balls, we will not prevail. We have NOT learned our lessons from a little place in SE Asia.

It sounds like a good idea to just totally pull out of the middle east but we are there now, and there is no going back. Worst of all, if we do pull out, there could be a power vacuum, so someone 1000Xs worse than Saddam takes power.

patfromlogan
23rd June 04, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Hawkeye
We need to start retaliating against these actions. Just do what Isreal does, go batshit and wipe out an entire town. Shit, throw a rock at the IDF and they'll start doing gun runs. And they are not afraid to go old school and administer beatdowns by stick. Check it out:

http://wwwi.reuters.com/images/2004-06-13T150805Z_01_GOT02D_RTRIDSP_2_MIDEAST.jpg

I love the look on the palestinian's eyes

Gee it worked so well in the long run for the Germans in WW2, also.

Ronin
23rd June 04, 12:42 PM
I'd seio nage his ass !!

WingChun Lawyer
23rd June 04, 12:58 PM
Hawkeye, you sound like a nice fella, so Iīll tell you this: acting like Israel does is not conducive to peace. It seems you werenīt serious on your comments when you mentioned destroying an entire town to get rid of some terrorists, and that is a good thing.

But tell me - what interests is the US army working to protect in Iraq, american or iraqi interests? If it is working for iraqi interests, I would say it is only fair that the soldiers protect themselves while they do their good work.

If they are only working for american interests, they are nothing but an invading force, and should be treated accordingly.

Frankly, bombing an entire wedding ceremony to get rid of some POSSIBLE terrorists is not protecting the interests of the iraqi people. This is another different question, but Iīd like to say I am not sure about what the hell the US army is doing there.

Sure, the soldiers take all the flak for a poor political decision, canīt blame them for being pissed off, etc, but if the US soldiers decides to take it off on every guy who looks at them suspiciously, what makes them better than Saddamīs boys?

EuropIan
23rd June 04, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by WingChun Lawyer

Sure, the soldiers take all the flak for a poor political decision, canīt blame them for being pissed off, etc, but if the US soldiers decides to take it off on every guy who looks at them suspiciously, what makes them better than Saddamīs boys?

They're American. Hence allowed to do whatever the fuck we want. Because the ends justify the means.

Seriously. Hawkeye, perhaps we should create some "camps" where we detain everyone who even looks at us wrong!

^
Obvious hyperbole, with a pinch of sarcasm.

We have to tread carefully. Our immunity to War crimes will be anulled.

personally I believe we are to eager to rush in and destroy something in the hope some of it will be the enemy. We need much better intelligence work, we need to share our intelligence with other nations who are with us in the war against terror, not just blurt it out in the last minute when it's convinient.

As a side note.

Congo, Uganda. Hello! Serious crisis brewing! This issue also give CaptShady more fuel to his crusade against Islam(raping and pillaging just like the Dark Ages).

(Note, I know you're not entirely against islam) .

SLJ
24th June 04, 07:27 AM
"I think I'd rather be shot to death than to wait only to find out that my government won't strike a deal with them and that I'll soon be beheaded."

Same here. If I couldn't get out I'd sure as hell down fighting.

Jammin James
24th June 04, 02:50 PM
I would hope when we do finally pull out our troops, that all would be at ease. But I don't think that will happen. If we aint there, AQ attacks will turn back home.

My mom is scared that I will be taken hostage when I go to China. I'm not worried much because I think AQ would have a hard time blending in with a billion 5'8" chinese people and two americans in a temple.

What happen to the good ol days when you could roam your army around and kick ass like the Romans.

Guns ruined warfare forever. We need to settle all conflicts in 100 vs 100 sword/bow fights.

johnbo
24th June 04, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Hawkeye
These insurgents do not fear us and they should. Our actions must be swift and extremely brutal. We must show them the true might of the United States and that we and our allies are not to be fucked with.

Swift and brutal action will only turn the moderate Muslims against us too.
There is no easy solution to this problem.

fatal touchy
25th June 04, 11:20 PM
there is a solution every terroist they capture they should make a video of americans dress in ski masks cutting his head with someone yellin about how alqeda sucks
it should be every one american head cut of ten terrorist heads are cut off

Hawkeye
25th June 04, 11:34 PM
This bullshit makes me want to re-enlist and give them 100x's the shit I gave them in Afghanistan. Fucking dirtbags. Like I said before, they are religious fundamentalists and we must exploit that. Foul their fucking bodies in pig intestines so they will not be allowed into paradise.