PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Episode III

Ronin
2nd June 04, 09:32 AM
Ok, we are less than a year away from its release date.

Does ANYONE give a shit?
After the mega crapola of Attack of the crotches, should anyone care ??

If yes why? If no, why?

SLJ
2nd June 04, 09:34 AM
I heard it's called "The Creeping Fear"

That name is just shit. However, I hope they tell Darth Vader's story well, as he's by far the best character.

Mr_Mantis
2nd June 04, 09:35 AM
Personally, I liked Attack of the Clones.

Ronin
2nd June 04, 09:40 AM
Hayden Christian, or whatever his fucking name is, sucks the sweat of a deadmans balls.
Could they have found a more wimpy individual ???

Sharlintier
2nd June 04, 09:41 AM
I have less than no interest in seeing more star wars after the last one

Zeddy
2nd June 04, 09:41 AM
The Obi-wan guy was okay though. And Qui-Gon was good.

Too bad so much of the films sucked in terms of story.

Escrima9
2nd June 04, 09:42 AM
Star wars lost the magic.

Didn't like either of the new ones, doubt the third will change that.

Ronin
2nd June 04, 09:45 AM
Lucas is a hack.

Mr_Mantis
2nd June 04, 09:46 AM
Lucas should not direct.

Ronin
2nd June 04, 09:56 AM
I think Star Wars hit its peak with Yoda fighting like the tazmanian devil.

Wesker
2nd June 04, 10:00 AM
I'm more excited about the original trilogy coming to DVD on September 21.

m4949
2nd June 04, 10:05 AM
The anikin guy is a terrible actor, he runined attack of the clones.

Lucus has directed two good films and they are not episode 1& 2. that's it. He did not direct empire or return of the jedi.
He spent too much fuking time using CGI characters for episode 1 & 2, and spent way too much time on jar jar binks.
He's a good idea man, and a good producer. He is way over rated as a director!!!!!!!!!!!!

Osiris
2nd June 04, 10:12 AM
Attack of the Clones was enjoyable. Episode 3 should be even better. No comment on episode 1.

Xodus
2nd June 04, 10:13 AM
Lucas did a good job on American graffiti. Personally I'm looking forward to episode 3 - I know a few guys who worked on it - and while they are being very tight lipped about what they know - they reckon its going to have the best light sabre fights yet.

Osiris
2nd June 04, 10:14 AM
Why be tight lipped when EVERYONE knows whats gonna happen?

Xodus
2nd June 04, 10:18 AM
cos - they've seen lucas destroy the lives of people who haven't been tight lipped with heavy litigation.

Apparently people get marched out of the building accompanied by security heavies and are sued a lot of money if they breach their Non-diclosure contracts.

m4949
2nd June 04, 10:42 AM
yea, despite what we thinkof him as a director, He does have all the power to make or break anyones career in the film industry.

Best light saber fight? they better work hard to out do the darth mual fight.

Ronin
2nd June 04, 10:43 AM
Man, I gotta say, Empire was the best, the ewoks in return pissed me off !!
I didn't mine the first,just because of Liam and Ray Park, but the second... take out Yoda kicking ass and Christopher Lee and what do you have?

Mr_Mantis
2nd June 04, 10:44 AM
My favorite fight is either the throne room or carbon chamber, can't decide which.

Ronin
2nd June 04, 10:47 AM
I think the fight with Ray Park and Liam and Ewan, to be the best so far, just because Park makes it so.

Xodus
2nd June 04, 10:50 AM
Darth Maul did look cool on screen!

I'm personally hoping for an interim apprentice (between dooku and vader) who is a bit kick arse like maul.

PizDoff
2nd June 04, 10:51 AM
Attack of the Clones (2nd one?)

Was garbage, I saw it in res with some friends and we just laughed our asses off making fun of it.
Well mostly me making fun of it.

That dumbass boy can't fucking act either.

Haven't seen the first one yet and I don't give a fuck about Star Wars movies.

Ronin
2nd June 04, 10:54 AM
The wimpiness of the Anakin character irritated me more than a crab hanging on to my nut sack !

Mr_Mantis
2nd June 04, 10:56 AM
"the clone wars" on cartoon network were very cool.

Xodus
2nd June 04, 10:59 AM
this apparently has an episode 3 plot synopsis on it. don't know how accurate it is though:

http://www.supershadow.com/

Mr_Mantis
2nd June 04, 11:07 AM
Spoiler free for three!

Omega
2nd June 04, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Mr_Mantis

ditto.

Omega
2nd June 04, 11:11 AM
My favorite fight is either the throne room or carbon chamber, can't decide which.

or the Yoda fight.

Omega
2nd June 04, 11:12 AM
Episode 1 and Star Wars blew.

Bard of DorAr
2nd June 04, 11:21 AM
Eh, the sad thing is, Hayden Christiansen(SP?) Really CAN act, he just... didn't in episode two for no real logical reason. Check out "Life as a House" he's still something of a Whiner twit, but his character comes across strong and worthwhile, unlike Anakin. I can cold read his part better than he did it.

But I am looking forward to episode three, and I didn't have TOO much trouble with Episode's 1 and 2. That's really because I wasn't OVERLY impressed with 4-6. The reason those are seen as so much better are two fold #1: they're classics and old. #2: Harrison Ford. THat's really about it, the storyline's JUST as weak in the original.

As for the Best fight. Qui Gon versus Maul in the Desert or Anakin versus Dooku. Yoda fighting was spiffy, but a little over the top for my taste. And the Qui Gon+Obi Wan vs Maul was spiffy looking, but between the openings Maul leaves that no one takes. And Ray Parks INSISTING that there wasn't any. I just got annoyed with it.

Ronin
2nd June 04, 11:32 AM
A true sith lord leaves no openings, only fakes....

What was so good about Empire was you got to see the full "evil" of vader.
Granted the, "I find your lack of faith disturbing" from Episode 4 is a classic, his killing of his "subordinates" as a mode of accepting their apologies was priceless.

Jenfucius
2nd June 04, 11:43 AM
3 hasn't come out yet? oh yeah, i forgot.

Omega
2nd June 04, 11:48 AM
Episode 1 and Star Wars a new hope blew.

Ippatsu182
2nd June 04, 12:23 PM
I still want to see Star Wars III, even though I wasn't impressed by the second one. Contrary to what most people thought of Star Wars Episode I, I actually liked it. I'm not sure about the whole movie, but I liked it for the fight scenes and the music. I also liked Liam Nieson's character.

Let's hope the last installment of this series leaves a lasting impression, like Terminator III, which I thought was the best of that series. It'd be a shame if the last one really sucked.

Omega
2nd June 04, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Ippatsu182
.Contrary to what most people thought of Star Wars Episode I, I actually liked it.

*slap

bad boy!!

go sit in the corner!!!

KageReaper
2nd June 04, 12:29 PM
the new star wars don't really do much for me..I liked the Darth Maul fight though, he was a cool character to me. but, since I since the first 2..gotta have closure and see the third. I want to see how he finally turned to Vader

JohnnyBoy
2nd June 04, 01:00 PM
Darth maul fight did rock but it sucked at the end when he just stoud there and accepted the death stroke which severed him in 2. I mean what the hell was that.. ok Obi bounces up, does a flip and appears infront of Maul and Maul stands there and observes Obi's technique as he gets sliced through.. im surprised Maul didnt raise the thumbs up sign as he fell back into the abyss..

I vote Best Dual being Skywalker and Vader in Return of the Jedi, had a realistic feel to it.. skywalkers anger contrasted nicely with Vaders calm hatred.. i would have given it to Darth Maul but for the way he died.. ugh.. it was pretty cool though when the shields came up and Maul paced back and forth like a preditory animal.. I remember it clearly right when maul killed Obi Wan's teacher, I was like.. oh once that shield goes down its fuckin on now.. Obi's gonna rip into this guy.. and it was perfect that Maul DOMINATED him.. the fight had great elements to it..

Yoda / Dooku looked like a video game.. i didnt see any true coolness to it..

Lucas is a goof, even more so that he thinks his latest movies are good.. i think they are honestly for children and meant for children.. i heard lucas actually considerd a small cameo for nsync ..

could u imagine star wars handled in a competent manner with an R rating? it would be unreal.. star wars is the flag ship for spoon feeding your mind mundane dialogue and plot..

tat being said the star wars universe was masterfully created and im interested to view number three for the few scenes that might stand out and tell me what star wars could have been

Ronin
2nd June 04, 01:08 PM
Well said johnny boy

Omega
2nd June 04, 01:09 PM
True story;
Our weapons instructor asked me to shave my head and he would dress me up as Darth Maul for Haloween.

I did, he dressed up like a Jedi.

As we walked through our local mall we met some rival Jedi's *snicker.

They challenged us to a duel. I pulled the Darth Maul "butterfly kick" over the guys sword and stabbed him with my light saber/staff. The other guy got his light saber tossed in the fountain by a classic fencing disarm. It was "beautiful" (insert Mel Gibson and Danny Glover voices)

I'm too cool. And modest.

KageReaper
2nd June 04, 01:11 PM
yes...because Maul didn't talk..he did the job..you held your character, Sith Lord.

JohnnyBoy
2nd June 04, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by omega
True story;
Our weapons instructor asked me to shave my head and he would dress me up as Darth Maul for Haloween.

As we walked through our local mall we met some rival Jedi's *snicker.

They challenged us to a duel. I pulled the Darth Maul "butterfly kick" over the guys sword and stabbed him with my light saber/staff. The other guy got his light saber tossed in the fountain by a classic fencing disarm. It was "beautiful" (insert Mel Gibson and Danny Glover voices)

I'm too cool. And modest.

haha thats awsome man.. too bad we dont have the thing caught on tape that would be a keeper

Ronin
2nd June 04, 01:31 PM
Darth Omega...

Te No Kage!
2nd June 04, 02:05 PM
I am a star wars nutrider.......... I don't know if I can handle all of this blasphemy.......BLASPHEMY I TELL YOU! BLASPHEMY!!!!!

Phoenix
2nd June 04, 02:21 PM
Star Wars sucks, only on the premise that the two coolest, most bad ass characters in the series, being Jango and Boba Fett, died way too damn easily.

Ronin
2nd June 04, 02:23 PM
The only blasphemy was the casting of a pussy as darth Vader !!!!!!!
Someone should be shot and pissed on, and not necessarily in that order !!

Te No Kage!
2nd June 04, 02:35 PM
true, but who should have they cast? Vin Diesel? I don't know if I can think of any actors big and mean enough to play the dark lord of the sith. I have a really hard time thinking of any actor now that has that dark meanness it would take.

Beneath Contempt
2nd June 04, 02:47 PM
Everyone is hacking on Episodes 1 & 2, but let's not forget, Return of the Jedi had it's fair share of arse-ness. The fact that it is basically Muppets in Space for starters.

I was also disappointed with Darth Maul's death in Episode 1. I used to train with Ray in my WuShuDoesWork days, so on a personal note, I think he should have been much harder to take down.

Time will tell with the two trilogies. In fifty years time, no-one will care. It will just look as if the first three films were portraying a more civilised and politically-motivated time; whilst the second three films showed a time when everyone had a shitlife. For example - people tolerated dicks like Jar-jar in the pre-Clone Wars period. Come the time of the Empire, and his ass would have been grass.

IzzyDaHedgehog
2nd June 04, 02:55 PM
When they release the original three on DVD, is it gonna be the real originals or the stupid "Special Edition" ones with that computer-animated stuff thrown in?

I dunno about anyone else, but that extra crap did NOT need to be put in there. And as far as I'm concerned, Eps I&II were just full-length "extras" that didn't need to be made.

KageReaper
2nd June 04, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Rising Phoenix
Star Wars sucks, only on the premise that the two coolest, most bad ass characters in the series, being Jango and Boba Fett, died way too damn easily.
If you read the novels...Boba didn't die..he managed to get out of that sarlac..i think thats what u call it...so ..Boba remains badass.:D

Phoenix
2nd June 04, 03:24 PM
I heard about that, actually. What book was that, anyway? I wouldn't mind giving it a read, the next time I have some time to kill.

Mr_Mantis
2nd June 04, 03:30 PM
The best movie going experience I ever had was Episode I. I mean, there I was, with Darth Vader to the left and Obi Wan in front. We had Darth Maul running security. Some guy used a laser pointer before the start of the film. Everyone went ballistic and we sent Darth Maul back to kill him. Turns out he just took a security guard back there to eject him from the theater. We even had slave leia. It was cool. If only Darth Maul would have killed JAR JAR early on. Its a damn shame.

Osiris
2nd June 04, 03:33 PM
Boba Fetts story was told in comics, wasn't it? Regardless, he shouldve made it to at least Empire Strikes Back. Darth Maul should still be around too.

could u imagine star wars handled in a competent manner with an R rating?

That would be badass. They have so many cold ass characers, but we never see what they're capable of.

Ronin
2nd June 04, 03:35 PM
The Darth Maul mini-series in comics and his novel are not bad at all.

The Wastrel
2nd June 04, 10:30 PM
As much pleasure as it would give me to criticize Hayden Christiansen's acting, the fact is that the writing was such complete shit that it made Liam Neeson and Ewan MacGregor come across as little more than fairly persuasive interpretations of bad acting. Given their skills, that's almost an accomplishment.

There is nothing whatsoever redeeming about the debacles currently masquerading as Star Wars films.

Jolly_Roger
2nd June 04, 10:38 PM
I have a better plot for episode 3. It's called "Episode III: Yoda sez "hard business pimpin' is""
It's about Yoda killing the Boy Band loser from EP2 to hell, and getting the chick to work as his 'ho, so he can kick back and compete in Pride with his Yoddic Buddha Fist, killing Cro Cop with one kick, and making jokes about his personal lightsaber.

Of course, he'll have to kill Eminem too, but that's a given.

Stold3
2nd June 04, 10:44 PM
Weren't N'Sync supposed to be Jedi in episode two?

Jolly_Roger
2nd June 04, 10:47 PM
Don't know, but I hope they become nameless victim #333-#338 in night of the dead.

Stold3
2nd June 04, 10:49 PM
I read somewhere that they were supposed to appear briefly as Jedi on a ship, then shortly there after the ship was to be blown up.

Osiris
2nd June 04, 11:11 PM
There is nothing whatsoever redeeming about the debacles currently masquerading as Star Wars films.

Darth Maul.

The Wastrel
2nd June 04, 11:20 PM
The fact that the only vaguely interesting character speaks a handful of words and dies before the end of the first film, thus completely deflating whatever dramatic tension was built around him, is a plus?

Osiris
3rd June 04, 12:13 AM
Imagine if he hadn't been in the film.

parthenon
3rd June 04, 12:19 AM
Starwars 1 was a big pile of worthless. They hyped that movie up so much especially on the Darth Maul character only to have him killed. BAH! He barely did anything and then he dies. What a waste. I hear Lucas is brewing up another Indiana Jones film which by the way is my favorite series. Hopefully he doesn't ruin Jones by booting Spielberg off the directors chair. I think Starwars 3 has potential since we get to see Anakin turn into Darth Vader but then again anything is possible.

Stold3
3rd June 04, 12:23 AM
What? Isn't harrison ford a little old?

PHILBERT
3rd June 04, 12:33 AM

I did too. What pisses me off is how everyone goes "Oh she fell in love with him for no reason." Wake up retards. Go watch Spider-Man. Mary Jane says at the end "Oh I love you Peter Parker, I always have, despite the fact I hardly ever spoke to you and generally ignored you whenever we were around each other". That is the gay shit right there. Gayer than Richard Simmons in a male strip club.

The Midi-Chlorians, I generally feel where Lucas is going on this one. I think he honest to God was thinking about it in the old trilogy, but he should of mentioned it. Here is the deal. The Jedi are so blindly devoted to science, that they were seeking a way to explain how they can do the stuff they do. They saw these midi-chlorians as that thing. Science then proved that. Rather than believing in the fact that the Force is part of there religion. They felt that the Force can be described in a physical and not spritual sense, hence why none of the Jedi were disappearing in the big battle at the end of AotC, and why Qui-Gon Jinn did not disappear in TPM. When Qui-Gon said "Anakin! No!" in AotC, only Yoda heard it. Why not Mace Windu? Sure he isn't as powerful as Yoda, but he is still one bad mother fucker who could probably take on Dooku. Because of this, Yoda realizes there is more to the Force than a physical sense, but a spiritual one as well. This causes him to discover how to disappear. However, by the time the Jedi realize the Force is not just a physical thing, they are pretty much being wiped out.

I personally loved the Clone troopers as well. Everyone is like "Holy fuck! They can shoot!" Well duh, they are more like Jango Fett in this one than the ones in the original. What probably happens is Palpatine no longer had the original host, so he had to use the original clones to create more clones, and by doing so, they get shittier and dumber. Hence why Luke could shoot straight and they couldn't. That and the hero can't die.

How Anakin is going to the darkside I heard is pretty weak too. Lucas totally fucks it up, it could be so much cooler. Supposedly he pretty much goes to the darkside after Windu finds out the truth about Palpatine and confronts him and Anakin kills Windu. Yeah. Weak. "Hey there, join the darkside Anakin. It's cooler." "Ok Palpatine."

The only bad ass characters I think are Windu and Dooku. Dooku cause Christopher Lee has been playing the creepy, crazy bad guy for the past half century in Bollywood style movies, he has it down to a fine art that only he could pull off. Windu cause Jackson is a good actor (though a little weak in TPM, mainly from the script). We know Ewan can act from seeing him in other movies. I think alot of these actors have alot of potential (Except Anakin, but he is supposed to be a whiny brat), just that the script is a little on the weak side.

PHILBERT
3rd June 04, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by m4949
yea, despite what we thinkof him as a director, He does have all the power to make or break anyones career in the film industry.

Best light saber fight? they better work hard to out do the darth mual fight.

There was some footage released a few months ago illegally from the new movie, and in it was Darth Vader himself. They showed some of the fight between Anakin and Obi-Wan, and it looks pretty bad ass. The fight is supposed to last like 12 minutes, not counting cutting between scenes, one of the longest duels in cinematic history.

Originally posted by Bard of DorAr
As for the Best fight. Qui Gon versus Maul in the Desert or Anakin versus Dooku. Yoda fighting was spiffy, but a little over the top for my taste. And the Qui Gon+Obi Wan vs Maul was spiffy looking, but between the openings Maul leaves that no one takes. And Ray Parks INSISTING that there wasn't any. I just got annoyed with it.

Well, how about the fact that Anakin was using 2 lightsabers versus Dooku's one? Couldn't he of easily of swung both in different fashions and killed him? Like do a number 2 strike and number 5 at the same time. Sure there would be no huge physical force behind it, but he couldn't block both if they were coming at different angles.

No. Boba Fett died easily. Jango Fett held his own against Obi-Wan TWICE. Mace Windu would lay the beat down on Dooku, and so Jango didn't stand a chance in hell of defeating him.

PHILBERT
3rd June 04, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by IzzyDaHedgehog
When they release the original three on DVD, is it gonna be the real originals or the stupid "Special Edition" ones with that computer-animated stuff thrown in?

I dunno about anyone else, but that extra crap did NOT need to be put in there. And as far as I'm concerned, Eps I&II were just full-length "extras" that didn't need to be made.

Special editions.

I heard about that, actually. What book was that, anyway? I wouldn't mind giving it a read, the next time I have some time to kill.

Pick up any book with Boba Fett's photo on the cover. Tales of the Bounty Hunters was good (DO NOT READ IG-88 story, Kevin J Anderson can't write worth shit and has some obsession with giant balls in space). Then Boba Fett had a 3 book series as well, can't recall what. His first "reapearance" in a book was Dark Empire 1. He also is in Dark Empire 2, though those are comics.

Osiris
3rd June 04, 01:14 AM
The special editions are retarded. What the fuck is up with the bad dubbing?

parthenon
3rd June 04, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by Stold3
What? Isn't harrison ford a little old?

Yeah he is, but c'mon he's Harrison Ford. I wouldn't accept any other actor playing Indy other than Ford. I mean could you accept another actor playing as Rocky? Plus, I think they might have a plot where his age would suit the film but I'm not sure.

Stold3
3rd June 04, 01:48 AM
I think they should cast Will Smith to play the new Indiana Jones.

parthenon
3rd June 04, 01:51 AM
Whoops! That choice must have slipped my mind. Your right he should be the next Indiana Jones. He sported the cowboy hat quite nicely in that great flick "Wild Wild West"

PHILBERT
3rd June 04, 03:13 AM
parthenon, welcome to Bullshido. Do you really do HRD? If so, please stick around and don't be discouraged by our other members. HRD is something that has not appeared on this site, and I know we'd be interested to know more about you.

The Wastrel
3rd June 04, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by PHILBERT
I did too. What pisses me off is how everyone goes "Oh she fell in love with him for no reason." Wake up retards. Go watch Spider-Man. Mary Jane says at the end "Oh I love you Peter Parker, I always have, despite the fact I hardly ever spoke to you and generally ignored you whenever we were around each other". That is the gay shit right there. Gayer than Richard Simmons in a male strip club.

The Midi-Chlorians, I generally feel where Lucas is going on this one. I think he honest to God was thinking about it in the old trilogy, but he should of mentioned it. Here is the deal. The Jedi are so blindly devoted to science, that they were seeking a way to explain how they can do the stuff they do. They saw these midi-chlorians as that thing. Science then proved that. Rather than believing in the fact that the Force is part of there religion. They felt that the Force can be described in a physical and not spritual sense, hence why none of the Jedi were disappearing in the big battle at the end of AotC, and why Qui-Gon Jinn did not disappear in TPM. When Qui-Gon said "Anakin! No!" in AotC, only Yoda heard it. Why not Mace Windu? Sure he isn't as powerful as Yoda, but he is still one bad mother fucker who could probably take on Dooku. Because of this, Yoda realizes there is more to the Force than a physical sense, but a spiritual one as well. This causes him to discover how to disappear. However, by the time the Jedi realize the Force is not just a physical thing, they are pretty much being wiped out.

I personally loved the Clone troopers as well. Everyone is like "Holy fuck! They can shoot!" Well duh, they are more like Jango Fett in this one than the ones in the original. What probably happens is Palpatine no longer had the original host, so he had to use the original clones to create more clones, and by doing so, they get shittier and dumber. Hence why Luke could shoot straight and they couldn't. That and the hero can't die.

How Anakin is going to the darkside I heard is pretty weak too. Lucas totally fucks it up, it could be so much cooler. Supposedly he pretty much goes to the darkside after Windu finds out the truth about Palpatine and confronts him and Anakin kills Windu. Yeah. Weak. "Hey there, join the darkside Anakin. It's cooler." "Ok Palpatine."

The only bad ass characters I think are Windu and Dooku. Dooku cause Christopher Lee has been playing the creepy, crazy bad guy for the past half century in Bollywood style movies, he has it down to a fine art that only he could pull off. Windu cause Jackson is a good actor (though a little weak in TPM, mainly from the script). We know Ewan can act from seeing him in other movies. I think alot of these actors have alot of potential (Except Anakin, but he is supposed to be a whiny brat), just that the script is a little on the weak side.

Your good deed for tomorrow is to have yourself sterilized.

JohnnyBoy
3rd June 04, 06:32 AM
Philbert which character did you dress up as when you went to go see star wars and what was your win loss record fighting with the other nerds outside the theatre? I bet you had to call on the force a few times to save your ass eh?

Spiderman was infinitly better then Star wars including the way they handled the romantic relationships.

SLJ
3rd June 04, 06:38 AM
No, Spiderman sucked balls.

Hairs on his fucking hand, bullshit!

manchuria
3rd June 04, 07:06 AM
lightsabres rock, im going to watch the new trilogy for the lightsabres

Ronin
3rd June 04, 07:09 AM
Where to start...
Ok the double light saber duel that Anakin pulled off...BULLSHIT !!!
He does 3 lightsabers in EP III, ( that is what I hear, one in each hand and one by the force) and that is even MORE stupid.
Why?
Beacuse he is suppose to be the MOST powerful jedi, ever, Darth Vader NEVER used more than 1 light saber, it was stupid to put two in his hands, Lucas missed a great opportunity to show the beginnings of "darth Vader" in that fight.
Also, I whole believe that Anakin's fall from grace should have been an "absolute power corrupting absolutly" rather than a pussy "I am so angry I could give the univers a wedgie" story line.
Lucas had the chance to show THE POWER OF THE DARK SIDE !!!
He ass fucked a wookie, as usual.
Wastrel was right, bad writing.

The one redeeming thing in all this:
Rumour has it, Palpatine and Yoda go at it in EP III !!

manchuria
3rd June 04, 07:22 AM
http://www.collectoybles.com.au/catalog/default.php?cPath=64_23&sort=2a&page=2&osCsid=ec1c0d8cc9a1f8adc882b08c64bfab4f

Ronin
3rd June 04, 07:36 AM
1000 bucks for a light saber ???
IT BETTER FUCKING WORK !!!!!!!

Xodus
3rd June 04, 08:41 AM
I think the next indiana jones movie is suppose to be set somtime after the last 3 - so harrison ford is probably now the ideal age to play him.

I've heard rumour of a four armed imperial cgi general who uses four light sabres in episode 3.

Ronin
3rd June 04, 08:43 AM
yeah, I heard about that crap too, but I think he has only 2 arms.
I hope he has only 2 arms.

General grievious is the name, or some toilet paper like that.

SLJ
3rd June 04, 08:58 AM
Do those light-sabres produce a beam and noise ? If not that's really wank.

Xodus
3rd June 04, 09:04 AM
I looked at that site and I thought 'holy crap those lightsabres are expensive'. I've seen them here and you can buy those for half that in the UK.

But than I realised that the price was listed in Australian peso's. You can almost half the price for the US.

Even with the dollar adjustments they are still a lot cheaper in the UK. I bought the fx lightsabre for about 60 which equals roughly US$100 or AU$150

Osiris
3rd June 04, 10:17 AM
http://nikoniko.html.533.net/series/onepiece/images/zoro02.jpg

Bard of DorAr
3rd June 04, 10:28 AM
Grievous has two arms that split to four, which will be used in the fight against Obi-Wan which Obi-Wan wins.

I do agree that Anakin using two sabres PLUS a force controlled one is a bit over the top.

I didn't mind the dual wielding in Episode 2 though. The way it came off was more of an attempt of desperation trying to give the inexperienced youngling some bit of advantage. You'll notice he uses em for all of about four moves before the second blade gets obliterated.

Ronin
3rd June 04, 10:32 AM
I only need one fucking blade....

parthenon
3rd June 04, 12:39 PM
parthenon, welcome to Bullshido. Do you really do HRD? If so, please stick around and don't be discouraged by our other members. HRD is something that has not appeared on this site, and I know we'd be interested to know more about you.

Hey no problem, I used to do Hwa Rang Do until my dojang turned into a money sucking blackhole. If you guys have any questions about the style or my experience feel free to ask I'll tell you as much as i know.

Osiris
3rd June 04, 12:49 PM
Grievous has two arms that split to four, which will be used in the fight against Obi-Wan which Obi-Wan wins.

Lame.

Stold3
3rd June 04, 12:50 PM
"I am so angry I could give the univers a wedgie"

hahahaahaahahah

Guerilla Fists
3rd June 04, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by ronin69
I think Star Wars hit its peak with Yoda fighting like the tazmanian devil.

I thought of the fireworks also known as "tazmanian devils" when I saw him fight. It was freaking hilarious, and cute, and heartwarming (cuz he is old).

Matt W.
3rd June 04, 01:21 PM

As we walked through our local mall...

Wow. Omega is a huge nerd.

I feel validated.

Matt

PHILBERT
3rd June 04, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by JohnnyBoy
Philbert which character did you dress up as when you went to go see star wars and what was your win loss record fighting with the other nerds outside the theatre? I bet you had to call on the force a few times to save your ass eh?

Spiderman was infinitly better then Star wars including the way they handled the romantic relationships.

Bullshit. Sure the movie was better than AotC, but there was too much crap in it. I'm sorry, but if I saw a guy in the hallway doing back flips, knocking guys 30 feet down the hall, running out of the cafeteria with webbing tied to his hand, then a few weeks later Spider-Man appears, I'd put 2 and 2 together. And I don't dress up as crap for those movies. When I see others dress up as Star Wars characters for the movies, it makes me want to beat them up.

The Wastrel, I don't want to have kids anyway.

manchuria
3rd June 04, 10:40 PM
Do those light-sabres produce a beam and noise ? If not that's really wank.

Its because they are limited edition prop replicas, onle 1000 of each and such, i was more referring to these ones:

http://www.collectoybles.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=64_23&products_id=646&osCsid=ec1c0d8cc9a1f8adc882b08c64bfab4f

very cool IMO

SLJ
4th June 04, 02:57 AM
"I'm sorry, but if I saw a guy in the hallway doing back flips, knocking guys 30 feet down the hall, running out of the cafeteria with webbing tied to his hand, then a few weeks later Spider-Man appears, I'd put 2 and 2 together."

Add that to the fact they tried to say that he stuck to the wall by "Hairs" and you have one shit movie.

AoTC was better IMO.

Osiris
4th June 04, 10:27 AM
Its based on a comic. WHat did you expect for an explanation?

JohnnyBoy
4th June 04, 12:19 PM
Bullshit. Sure the movie was better than AotC, but there was too much crap in it. I'm sorry, but if I saw a guy in the hallway doing back flips, knocking guys 30 feet down the hall, running out of the cafeteria with webbing tied to his hand, then a few weeks later Spider-Man appears, I'd put 2 and 2 together. And I don't dress up as crap for those movies. When I see others dress up as Star Wars characters for the movies, it makes me want to beat them up.

The Wastrel, I don't want to have kids anyway.

Well the spiderman archtype deals with taking a loser and raising him up infront of his peers, and what better way to do this then to beat your high school bully down infront of all your classmates?

AotC maybe had more vision and scope then Spiderman but it had absolutly no execution. Spiderman played up to its own mythology beautifly. And lets not forget that the spiderman movie was meant for kids. Kids who basically want to be gods and heros, the center of attention. Spiderman effectively took them for this ride which is why u seen it do so amazing in the box office. I think star wars is lucky it has the cult following or its return would have been much less.

About the hairs comment > Well i bought into it, and it didnt seem like hair at all to me more like mini claws or prongs.. it made sense to me and i dont see how the could have done it anyother way..

remember spiderman isent like frank millers dark night.. spiderman isent gonna smash anyone in the face and then look at his next victim while licking the blood off his knuckles and smiling a 'you next mother fucker' grin

so save the negativity for something better suited.. the kids dont care what we think anyways.. AotC i think got so much flak cause i think ppl thought it was gonna be projected to a semi adult age range.. but its a total kids movie as well to me

Ronin
4th June 04, 01:14 PM
Is that a lightsaber in your pocket ? or did someone shove a road flare up your ass ?

Stold3
4th June 04, 02:20 PM
I don't know, I just watched the leaked Making Of from SW Episode 3 and it didn't show Anakin using two light(or three) light sabres against obi wan.

Bard of DorAr
4th June 04, 02:27 PM
If Anakin is using multi lightsabres I'd GUESS it'd be against Mace Windu.

Since some refferences claimed to be from Jackson say that he dies versus attacks from multiple places and angles.

Then combine that with the various rumors that put Mace's death squarely in Anakin's Hands.

I'd say the last fight between Obi-Wan and Anakin will be the good old fashioned one blade on one blade.

As per spider man, while I did like the movie, the stupid prongs were annoying.

as for "how they were going to explain it" In the comics, THEY NEVER DID. Spidey himself doesn't have a clue how he does it, he just does. We could have left it that way.

Also wish they would have not made the webbing organic and made it an invention he cooked up.

Stold3
4th June 04, 02:41 PM
I'm not certain because it only showed it for a split second, but some Anakin does apparently hit some black guy with a light sabre(1) as he's spinning around. I'll have to go watch it again.

Stold3
4th June 04, 02:43 PM
Yeah, it's definately a bald black guy, but I can't tell if it's Mr. Jackson due to quality.

parthenon
4th June 04, 02:57 PM

remember spiderman isent like frank millers dark night.. spiderman isent gonna smash anyone in the face and then look at his next victim while licking the blood off his knuckles and smiling a 'you next mother fucker' grin

Hehe Frank Miller's Dark Knight is insanely badass

JohnnyBoy
4th June 04, 03:13 PM
aint he though! I love the hero who has serious flaws.. spiderman has always been a bit too goody goody for me and if im gonna like anyone that is that its gotta be superman.. superman rules.. kinda the same issue i have with star wars.. the depth of alot of the characters is rather shallow.. maybe not han solo.. his attitude is priceless

PHILBERT
4th June 04, 04:11 PM
Well the spiderman archtype deals with taking a loser and raising him up infront of his peers, and what better way to do this then to beat your high school bully down infront of all your classmates?

AotC maybe had more vision and scope then Spiderman but it had absolutly no execution. Spiderman played up to its own mythology beautifly. And lets not forget that the spiderman movie was meant for kids. Kids who basically want to be gods and heros, the center of attention. Spiderman effectively took them for this ride which is why u seen it do so amazing in the box office. I think star wars is lucky it has the cult following or its return would have been much less...

Spider-Man wasn't aimed at children. If it were, it wouldn't of been PG-13 and so frigging violent (people getting there skin obliterated, one guy being impaled, etc). Indeed it did play beautifully, but the reason behind the success wasn't just because of a fan following. It was several factors...

1.) Spider-Man is very common. Everyone knows him, while not as popular as Batman or Superman, majority of people recognize him.

2.) The movie was the first big action hero movie that came out AFTER the 9-11 attacks that took place in New York. People went to go see it. Tell me, do you honest to God believe that the scene at the end with him flying around the American flag wasn't added after 9-11? If that movie came out before the attacks, I bet the ending would of been different. Especially with the New Yorkers throwing stuff at the Goblin. The guy gets his ass royally kicked by a super induced human with Spider powers, and gets stopped by a coke bottle. While wearing body armor. Oh yeah. Real realistic there.

parthenon
4th June 04, 04:18 PM
Didn't Batman kick the shit out of Superman in the Dark Knight Returns?

Furthermore didn't he kick the shit out of Superman just because Supes was a Reagan serving goody goody?

Now thats uber badassness!!

I wish I could find and post that picture of Bats stompin' on Supermans chin from the comic.

JohnnyBoy
4th June 04, 04:25 PM
It was violent but i think still meant for kids, haha ya there were stupid parts that made me wanna throw up... notibly the ending and the american flag that the movie slamed down all our throats.. the new yorks on the bridge was retarded too i agree.. its by no means a favorite of mine..

JohnnyBoy
4th June 04, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by parthenon

With the aid of kryptonite i think he did.. batman is prob the most versitle hero of all

Traditional Tom
4th June 04, 06:38 PM
I think you should all go watch the skit mad tv did regarding george lucas and his thoughts on star wars...that was priceless.
Also, I thought spiderman was a pretty decent movie, though yes, you would think someone would have put knocking a guy 30 feet down the hall and doing all those flips/dodges without any known training together with spidermans arrival lol, nice point.

Ahh well, spiderman 2 looks like it'll be alright, episode 3 will probably suck, as george lucas ... well..sucks ass

TT

Stold3
4th June 04, 06:42 PM
Even if Episode 3 does suck, it will still be entertaining. With all the shit that's gonna go down and the ridiculously long light sabre fight sequences, how could it not be entertaining?

Bard of DorAr
4th June 04, 08:42 PM
But see, Peter's a Dork, and SpiderMan's cool, so they can't be the same.

Just like Supes can't be Kent. I mean Kent wears glasses, DUH!

Philbert, there were some changes to Spiderman for 9=11, the Last scene WASN'T one of them

That scene was done and rendered almost from the get go of their CGI stuff.

There were only two changes that I know of.

The scene with all the New-Yorkers throwing things at the Green Goblin was added as a tribute to New York..

And there originally was a scene that involved spidey catching a Helicopter in a web attatched to the World Trade Centers (it was on the original trailers that we'll never see again)

Traditional Tom
4th June 04, 10:17 PM
Havent you heard of kazaa? of course you can see it again

PHILBERT
5th June 04, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by parthenon

Furthermore didn't he kick the shit out of Superman just because Supes was a Reagan serving goody goody?

Now thats uber badassness!!

I wish I could find and post that picture of Bats stompin' on Supermans chin from the comic.

Well, it's been said in 2 comic series (Kingdom Come and during the Hush saga) that kryptonite has lost alot of effect on Superman. In Kingdom Come, keep in mind Superman is like 50, so he has so much frigging power (and he does keep getting stronger) that it lost its effect, so says Luthor.

Then when Batman had to beat down Superman during the Hush series, he came close to breaking his hand even while wearing the kryptonite ring. So all that is left is magic.

I think the WTC thing wasn't in the movie to begin with. It was merely in the teaser trailer, cause it just seemed too fake. Not to mention, if Spider-Man could pull a frigging helicopter, I think he would of killed the Goblin with one shot. The whole thing was for the teaser itself, then the teaser got pulled.