PDA

View Full Version : democrats who can't take a joke

Kungfoolss
30th April 04, 03:08 PM
With Carl Limbacher and NewsMax.com Staff
For the story behind the story...

Friday, April 30, 2004

Democrats Furious as National Guard Leader Spreads Spoof

WASHINGTON - Some Democrats aren't laughing at the satirical schedule for the Democratic National Convention, an Internet-driven joke spread in part by the leader of the Massachusetts National Guard. It opens with a flag-burning ceremony and moves on to the John Kerry "fake medal toss" and the "Free Saddam" pep rally. There are no fewer than four toasts by Sen. Ted Kennedy.

A state worker sent an e-mail containing the spoof to National Guard Adjutant Gen. George W. Keefe. Using his state e-mail account, Keefe sent the joke to 17 others, including more state workers. Keefe said Friday he regretted passing along the e-mail, and a spokeswoman for Gov. Mitt Romney said Keefe would not be reprimanded.

The e-mail lists a fake agenda for the Democratic National Convention in July in Boston. Kerry, a U.S. senator from Massachusetts, is expected to accept the party's nomination for president. Kennedy, his Senate colleague, is likely to be one of its major speakers.

Something for Everyone

The schedule includes an "anti-war concert by Barbara Streisand" (misspelling her first name), "posting the Iraqi Colors by Sean Penn and Tim Robbins" (the Oscar-winning actors and anti-war activists), tributes to France and Germany, and ceremonies for gay marriages featuring "threesomes, mixed, same sex, farm animals."

Massachusetts Democrats condemned Keefe and said the e-mail calls into question whether he should continue to head the National Guard, which could have a role in convention security. State Democrat Chairman Phil Johnston called for Keefe to resign.

"Certainly there are more important issues that General Keefe should be concentrating on, other than using government computers to send silly and derogatory e-mails to state employees," party spokeswoman Jane Lane said. In a statement issued Friday, Keefe said: "While I did not compose this e-mail, I did receive and subsequently forward it to several acquaintances. On reflection, I regret that action."

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/4/30/153905.shtml

Kungfoolss
30th April 04, 03:12 PM
Come on folks, the only reason this is funny is because it's based in the truth and what we know of these people. Democrats shouldn't get upset when the military accurately depicts them in a comedy sketch.

Kungfoolss
30th April 04, 03:22 PM
Here is the 2004 DNC Convention Official Program

6:00pm - Opening flag burning ceremony.
6:30pm - Anti-war rally no. 1. (Moderated by Jane Fonda)
6:40pm - Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.
7:00pm - Tribute theme to France.
7:10pm - Collect offerings for al-Zawahri defense fund.
7:25pm - Tribute theme to Spain.
7:45pm - Anti-war rally no. 2. (Moderated by Michael Moore)
8:25pm - Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.
8:30pm - Terrorist appeasement workshop.
9:00pm - Gay marriage ceremony.

9:30pm - * Intermission *

10:00pm - Flag burning ceremony no. 2.
10:15pm - Re-enactment of Kerry's fake medal toss.
10:30pm - Cameo by Dean 'Yeeearrrrrrrg!'
10:40pm - Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.
10:50pm - Pledge of allegiance to the UN.
11:00pm - Double gay marriage cermony.
11:15PM - Maximizing Welfare workshop.
11:30pm - 'Free Saddam' pep rally.
11:59PM - Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.
12:00pm - Nomination of democratic candidate

punchingdummy
30th April 04, 03:27 PM
LMFAO!

Meex
30th April 04, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by punchingdummy
LMFAO!
I second that emotion!

`~\

Jenfucius
30th April 04, 04:09 PM
liberals who take themselves too seriously? that's a fucking surprise.

Zub-Zub
30th April 04, 04:21 PM
This is a sick society. Where has the humor gone out of their limp, sober, snoody selves?

Omar
30th April 04, 05:37 PM
I guess I just don't find self righteous ass holes that funny.

The Wastrel
30th April 04, 07:21 PM
Democrats shouldn't get upset when the military accurately depicts them in a comedy sketch.

Why don't you sign on for a hitch, KF?

Toby Christensen
1st May 04, 04:06 AM
Because he's a limpwristed effeminate who couldn't pontificate his way out of a paper bag.

And he's mentally unstable.