PDA

View Full Version : World of Warcraft!

WhiteShark
14th April 04, 02:32 PM
I've noticed we have quite a few geeks and gamers on her, so who else is anxiously awaiting this game? If you don't know it is a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG) based in the Warcraft universe.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/

http://wow.warcry.com/images/beta/003887.jpg

Pandinha
14th April 04, 02:35 PM
I'm a warcraft nut.

Deadpan Scientist
14th April 04, 02:35 PM
MMORPG's are boring. I beta tested FFXI for PC and it was just a lot of repetition...

Pandinha
14th April 04, 02:37 PM
Gonna d/l the new beta later this week.

Shuma-Gorath
14th April 04, 02:39 PM
I don't like MMORPGs for the same reasons I don't play Diablo any more: You waste hours upon hours of time to increment numbers. Other games have a little more skill involved.

WhiteShark
14th April 04, 02:58 PM
I bet you guys haven't checked out World Of Warcraft yet. It's supposedly a MMORPG done right. I played Diablo2 religiously for awhile I don't expect to resist this much better.

Mork
14th April 04, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Shumagorath
I don't like MMORPGs for the same reasons I don't play Diablo any more: You waste hours upon hours of time to increment numbers. Other games have a little more skill involved.

Exactamondo, I remember my UO days.
Now it's time for everyone to go old school (http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~cs8k-cyu/windows/p47_e.html)
More here. (http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~cs8k-cyu/index_e.html)

by-the-throat
14th April 04, 03:10 PM
MMORPG's are bad for me.

If I pay monthly to play a game I always feel like I have to play it constantly to get my money's worth, and that's usually disastorous on my real life. I got better grades when I was going to school with a heroin addiction than when I was doing so with an EQ addiction.

KillerInstinct
14th April 04, 03:19 PM
another thing is about mmorgps is that you can't player kill/fight in most of them unless you agree to, it takes the realism out.

Shuma-Gorath
14th April 04, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by WhiteShark
I bet you guys haven't checked out World Of Warcraft yet. It's supposedly a MMORPG done right. I played Diablo2 religiously for awhile I don't expect to resist this much better.

I have, and the fact Diablo 2 and its expansion stole 18 months and nearly $200 from me (including $2 of REAL MONEY to buy an item off someone) is why I will never play a game like it again.

Raven
14th April 04, 03:44 PM
How did D2 cost you that much money?

It's free to play online.

I think this will be neat, but I don't pay to play games. Closest I may come is if I get Xbox live, and that's because I can play ALL online xbox games, not just one.

Raven
14th April 04, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Anthony
I'm a warcraft nut.

I love the warcraft series, just not enought to pay a monthly fee.

Shuma-Gorath
14th April 04, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Shadowofravenwolf
How did D2 cost you that much money?

D2 on day of release, $90 after tax.
D2X two days before release thanks to the leaked European shipment, $80 after tax.

I gave both games away, then almost bought them again years later when 1.10 came out. I felt like a junky.

WhiteShark
14th April 04, 04:39 PM
Also don't forget he's talking about Monopoly money. AKA Canadian Dollars

ewdfs
14th April 04, 04:48 PM
just my personal opinion, but in world of warcraft you will find all those morons from battle.net, they are the most stupid online community ever (IMO). Eventhough I dont think that the number of morons playing the game can actually spoil the fun in WoW, I am worried with the number of stupid/gay topics in WoW forum, like guys whinning about how male people should not be able create female avatars because they want to "cyber" chicks and not some "horny 13 year old boy".

well, personally, I am not into MMORPGs, but warcraft is fun, so maybe I will try it

by-the-throat
14th April 04, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by ewdfs
I am worried with the number of stupid/gay topics in WoW forum, like guys whinning about how male people should not be able create female avatars because they want to "cyber" chicks and not some "horny 13 year old boy".

Please, please, please tell me that you're kidding and that people don't really cyber in Diablo.

Raven
14th April 04, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Shumagorath
D2 on day of release, $90 after tax.
D2X two days before release thanks to the leaked European shipment, $80 after tax.

I gave both games away, then almost bought them again years later when 1.10 came out. I felt like a junky.

I see.

Raven
14th April 04, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by by-the-throat
Please, please, please tell me that you're kidding and that people don't really cyber in Diablo.

I don't know for sure. But I think it's a safe assumption, that people do.

ewdfs
14th April 04, 05:09 PM
I dont know in diablo, but I have heard that in any MMORPG out there, as long as you have a female avatar, you will always have the best items. But I dont know, I heard that on gamefaqs and never played a MMORPG, the monthly fee is too expensive since it is in american dollars

Shuma-Gorath
14th April 04, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by ewdfs
I dont know in diablo, but I have heard that in any MMORPG out there, as long as you have a female avatar, you will always have the best items. But I dont know, I heard that on gamefaqs and never played a MMORPG, the monthly fee is too expensive since it is in american dollars

Back when I played Diablo I followed one rule: "There are no girls on the internet."

Also, since the classes were tied to genders, you knew that most of the soceresses and amazons were korean teenage guys.

Raven
14th April 04, 06:30 PM
heh

Meteora
14th April 04, 06:44 PM
MMORPGS are the devil!

also to describe the type of communities mmorgps create. I once knew a guy who started a guild in a game called shadowbane. He had two accounts, his regular and his "second" account. The second account was fill with female characters that he married. So basically he married himself atlest 8 times, sick. All for their "role play" community.

deus ex machina
14th April 04, 07:32 PM
itam plz!!1

Shuma-Gorath
14th April 04, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by deus ex machina
itam plz!!1

u giev soj??? ^__^

One of the big reasons I stopped playing D2 was that they patched the ability to crash all the koreans in your game.

Raven
14th April 04, 08:01 PM
what?

MaverickZ
14th April 04, 08:49 PM
WoW is probably the only MMORPH that i would be willing to pay for to play. Penny Arcade did a great feature on it once, something like a tour to a town. It really looks amazing. Since then i've been itching to play it....if only it didn't cost like 15 bucks a month. If i'm going to start playing MMORPHWTFBBQ's this is the one i'll play.

Shadow_Dragon_X
14th April 04, 11:35 PM
Yeah, WoW looks great... I personally like Final Fantasy XI.. but, I haven't been able to play lately.. The credit card I was registered to expired... and since I'm currently out of a job I haven't been able to re-register... :-/ Anyways.. WoW looks awesome, I've heard pretty good tihngs about it.

WhiteShark
15th April 04, 09:42 AM
They dropped the latest patch some freaky stuff. I think the resting crap is just to get Testers to play more characters at once.

LOVED2BLOVED
16th April 04, 09:54 AM
what is warcraft all about?

The Wastrel
16th April 04, 10:59 AM
Whew...I just spent all day building up my character's musical skill! I am now a Grandmaster Funksmith of Harmonious Syncopation. It would be so cool to really play a musical instrument!

Raven
16th April 04, 01:36 PM
hahahaha

MaverickZ
16th April 04, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by The Wastrel
Whew...I just spent all day building up my character's musical skill! I am now a Grandmaster Funksmith of Harmonious Syncopation. It would be so cool to really play a musical instrument!

o_O