PDA

View Full Version : Somehow I still don't think kerry is the answer

Justme
17th March 04, 09:38 AM
Another vets perspective on Kerry. I simply don't trust him or the Demoncrats. But thats just my opinion:

http://www.socnetcentral.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=35423

lyonsd
17th March 04, 09:50 AM
Depends on what the question is.

Justme
17th March 04, 09:51 AM
I guess my question is leading America both in the WOT, and economically...

Deadpan Scientist
17th March 04, 09:52 AM
This thread is a shining example of what political threads should be like.

Justme
17th March 04, 09:56 AM
:eek:

Deadpan Scientist
17th March 04, 09:56 AM
It's true.

Justme
17th March 04, 09:58 AM
Do I get a tee-shirt? :D

Ronin
17th March 04, 10:00 AM
You guys are in the same boat we are up here, you need to make a change, you want to make a change, just the options aren't that appealing.

CaptShady
17th March 04, 10:01 AM
That's it exactly.

Balloonknot
17th March 04, 11:04 AM
I "use" to believe a lot of things before and now think differently. When a man can change his mind on certain issues; that he once believed in due to "new" information, that's called intelligence. Hell, I even supported the war in the beginning because I believed the lie. Now, I know different and I'm proud to admit it!

GO KERRY GO! YOU BE DA MAN!!!!!!!

kismasher
17th March 04, 11:10 AM
Wasn't that pic with Jane Fonda proven to be a fake? As far as the Vietnam era controversy currently surrounding Kerry, I was born in 1978 so I can only be an interested bystander in most of the arguments on both sides. However, regarding the military, you chose to sign your life away to a government which will use you to accomplish a goal. Often these goals are counter to the public sense of wrong and right. Soldiers are going to catch flack for following orders, sorry that's part of the deal. Now ostracizing and entire group of veterans and denying them the same privileges that they had before going to war is obviously wrong, but to say "its John Kerry's fault" is bullshit. I almost joined the army about 5 years ago, would have been 12 B. What kept me out was the prospect of going to fight in a bullshit war that I didn't believe in and being used to accomplish someone's economic/ political agenda. That turned out to be the best decision I have made.

Kerry is not going to withdraw ALL troops in 100 days, give me a break.

Spain's new elected leader called the subsequent handling of iraq a "fiasco" http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=564&ncid=564&e=10&u=/nm/20040317/ts_nm/spain_zapatero_dc_4

and he makes some good points.