PDA

View Full Version : Bush Administration fails to equip troops in Iraq

PeedeeShaolin
6th March 04, 01:13 PM
The Bush Administration has been true to its roots thus far in Iraq. The Administration has spent BILLIONS of dollars on contracts for Haliburton while the troops are without proper body armor and other equipment.

Our helicopters are flying missions without top notch anti-missle systems.

The absolute WORST offense is that National Guard units need to rly on DONATED steel from local businesses to put homemade steel armor on their vehicles, and families were buying body armor for their sons and daughters.

This is just sick.

The billions of dolars that are spent on Haliburton contracts should be used to supply our soldiers with proper equipment from the Dept. of Defense and not from their families.

What do you all think about this?

Can anyone NOT tell me that the Bush Administartion is seriously corrupt and cares more about contracts and re-election that the soldiers dying for our country?

Phoenix
6th March 04, 01:22 PM
Gee.....sounds alot like Canada.

snuffles
6th March 04, 01:30 PM
just vote nader

Gezere
6th March 04, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by PeedeeShaolin
What do you all think about this?

Can anyone NOT tell me that the Bush Administartion is seriously corrupt and cares more about contracts and re-election that the soldiers dying for our country?

I'm no Bush fan. But other than Haliburton most of this is not what you think.

Phoenix
6th March 04, 02:08 PM

As with any government, Peedee, they only care about what's convenient for them when it's convenient for them to do so.

Zub-Zub
6th March 04, 02:37 PM
One word: Revolution. Think about it. ;)

Rigante
6th March 04, 02:49 PM
Come on Peedee make up your mind. What is it, more government spending for the military or less. You cant have it both ways. Do you really think any president goes down a military budget line item by line item. It is obvious that the Clintons didnt. They were to busy trying to cover up their shady deals which continued untill their last days at the White House. How much money is a presidenial pardon worth, just ask Bill and Hilliary they made a killing off of it.

RockTiger
6th March 04, 06:39 PM
Our helicopters are flying missions without top notch anti-missle systems.

I really don't see why on a practical and budget-minded scale that every helicopter in the military must be equipped with the most advanced (and expensive) anti-missle systems. Not to mention that many of these helicopters may not even be shot at with missles that require top-notch anti-missle systems anyway. It's a waste of money.

Or do you prefer everything in the military to be fit with T3H L4z4Rz and SHizN4tZ?!?!?

Chris.B
6th March 04, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Rising Phoenix
Gee.....sounds alot like Canada.

So if the US is acting like Canada, that would mean Canada is acting the same way as the US. So Canada and the US act the same exept Canada has a slighty smaller army...ok much smaller.

Teryan
6th March 04, 09:34 PM
Do you have a source for that? Not that I dont believe you....

It is not out of the ordnary for troops to get supplies from home. In the vietnam war when the sniper program was starting they used their recrational budget on scopes and vollyballs. In Desert storm I, a kid got a copule of chickens and kept them next to his tank. If they died, get the chem suits on. In WWII a far boy attached some spar metal rods to the fron of his tank, went to headges like no other (this got addpoted widley in WWII, and we still use a more professional version).

Only certan people get issued pistols, but If i was in Iraq and doing CQB, I'd send home for a pistol.

Kuroyama
7th March 04, 02:46 AM
Blame Canada

And uh, about Kyle's Mom...

WEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.........

coner400
9th March 04, 09:30 PM
well the bush administration is corrupt and shouldn't be spending any money on that fucking war. the money should go to other issues here in the states. (welfare, environment, etc.)

Jenfucius
9th March 04, 10:34 PM
liberal bitches, quit your crying and pump some iron. try taking a dose of reality once in a while too. conspiracy theories went out of style when fox mulder turned out to be the father of scully's baby.

Stick
9th March 04, 11:30 PM
Saw the article in the Japan Times about the body armor. Something about interceptor vests and not having enough cermic armor plates to go around. Troops would actually trade for the ceramic plates to go into their vests depending upon who was staying behind for a mission and who went out. Some families back home bought and sent the necessary ceramic plates for these supposedly standard issue vests and sent them to their family members in Iraq.

Apparently part of the problem is that the way the military was phasing out the old body armor was to do it gradually over the course of a few years, something like they began the process in 98 or something, I can't recall. Anywho, the old vests are no longer carried, but to keep spending down they only buy so many new vests a year.

Sucks balls.

Also, I hate Haliburton, a lot.

SLJ
10th March 04, 04:17 AM
It's no different over here. Our soldiers have to buy things like boots and fucking tents. It was all over the news about a poor guy who died because he wasn't supplied with body armour.

Sending them out there is bad enough, but to do it under-equiped is a fucking joke.